- 1. That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime
- 2. Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation
- 3. Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
- 4. Saga of Tanya the Evil
- 5. Isekai Cheat Magician
- 6. No Game No Life
- 7. Overlord
- 8. The World’s Finest Assassin Reincarnated as an Aristocrat
- 9. I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxxed Out My Level
- 10. Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
1. That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime
Thirty-seven-year-old Satoru Mikami is a typical corporate worker, who is perfectly content with his monotonous lifestyle in Tokyo. In the midst of a casual encounter with his work colleague, he is assaulted in the middle of a street and stabbed. However, while succumbing to his injuries, a particular voice echoes within his head and recites a bunch of commands which the dying man cannot make sense of.
Satoru regains consciousness and discovers that he has been reincarnated as a goop of slime in an unfamiliar realm. In doing so, he acquires newfound skills, most notably, the power to devour anything and mimic its appearance and abilities.
He then stumbles upon the sealed Catastrophe-level monster “Storm Dragon” Veldora who had been sealed away for the past 300 years for devastating a town to ashes. Sympathetic to his predicament, Satoru befriends him, promising to assist in destroying the seal. In return, Veldora bestows upon him the name Rimuru Tempest to grant him divine protection.
Now, liberated from the mundanities of his past life, Rimuru embarks on a fresh journey with a distinct goal in mind. As he grows accustomed to his new physique, his gooey antics ripple throughout the world, gradually altering his fate.
- Wholesome isekai deviating from the norm and posting a new and refreshed take on the genre
- Relatable to those who grieve the grim realities they live in, and want to get away to a life-changing adventure
- A real tearjerker which can be hard to find in our harem bait isekai era
- Well fleshed out characters wh get as much development as our OP MC
2. Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation
Despite being bullied, scorned, and oppressed all of his life, a 34-year-old shut-in still found the resolve to attempt something heroic—only for it to end in a tragic accident. But in a twist of fate, he awakens in another world as Rudeus Greyrat, starting life again as a baby born to two loving parents.
Preserving his memories and knowledge from his previous life, Rudeus quickly adapts to his new environment. With the mind of a grown adult, he starts to display magical talent that exceeds all expectations, honing his skill with the help of a mage named Roxy Migurdia. Rudeus learns swordplay from his father, Paul, and meets Sylphiette, a girl his age who quickly becomes his closest friend.
As Rudeus’ second chance at life begins, he tries to make the most of his new opportunity while conquering his traumatic past. And perhaps, one day, he may find the one thing he could not find in his old world—love.
- Sports a cast of characters who all receive a plethora of character development
- Delves deep into the human psyche of problem-solving
- A nail-biting storyline that always leaves you wanting more
- The opening theme doesn’t cut showtime and actually incorporates the episode in it
3. Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious
There is a popular saying: “you can never be too careful.” It is very important to prepare for every situation you may face, even if it seems like an unnecessary waste of time. Also, in games like RPGs, it is good to exceed the level of your enemies to achieve total victory.
These words describe Seiya Ryuuguuin a little too perfectly. After being summoned by the goddess Ristarte to save the world of Gaeabrande from destruction, the hero prepares himself for his noble journey.
While this might be normal, he spends a very long time training himself, despite having overpowered stats. He fights weak enemies using his strongest skills and buys excessive amounts of supplies and potions—all to stay safe.
While his attitude may be a bit annoying, it might just be the saving grace of Gaeabrande, especially considering that it is a world where the forces of evil dominate each and every expectation.
- A healthy mix of slapstick comedy and allusions
- A well-written cast who exude lighthearted lifestyles
- Moments where you can emotionally connect with the characters
- The great art style and animation
4. Saga of Tanya the Evil
Tanya Degurechaff is a young soldier infamous for predatorial-like ruthlessness and an uncanny, tactical aptitude, earning her the nickname of the “Devil of the Rhine.”
Underneath her innocuous appearance, however, lies the soul of a man who challenged Being X, the self-proclaimed God, to a battle of wits—which resulted in him being reincarnated as a little girl into a world of magical warfare.
Hellbent on defiance, Tanya resolves to ascend the ranks of her country’s military as it slowly plunges into a world war, with only Being X proving to be the strongest obstacle in recreating the peaceful life she once knew.
But her perceptive actions and combat initiative have an unintended side effect: propelling the mighty Empire into becoming one of the most powerful nations in mankind’s history.
- Fight scenes where animation has been done well
- A compelling story with easy-to-understand plot lines
- A wide variety of Characters who fulfill the dynamic casting that is sorely missed a lot nowadays
- Soundtracks that are just a treat to your ears and that will stick with you
5. Isekai Cheat Magician
Regular high schooler Taichi Nishimura and his childhood friend, Rin Azuma, are on their way to school one ordinary morning. Suddenly, a glowing light envelops them, transporting them to a fantasy world full of magical creatures.
Upon their arrival, Taichi and Rin are threatened by a beast. They are promptly saved by a group of adventurers, who advise the pair that traveling unarmed and inexperienced makes them vulnerable to the recently increasing monster attacks.
Taichi and Rin are directed to the Guild, where they can determine their magical aptitude and register as adventurers. However, the test they take reveals an unprecedented result: Taichi and Rin possess extraordinary powers that far surpass the standard mage, instantly transforming them from typical high school students to the ultimate cheat magicians.
Taichi and Rin learn to grasp the full extent of their powers and familiarize themselves with their new world. However, while the duo seeks to uncover the reason behind their transportation and a possible way back to their original world, unexpected trouble lurks in the shadows.
- Both male and female protagonists give viewers a duality while watching
- Interesting storyline with compelling character developments
- Great soundtracks that you won’t skip
- The art style is unique and the animations are fluid
6. No Game No Life
Sixteen sentient races inhabit Disboard, a world overseen by Tet, the One True God. The lowest of the sixteen—Imanity—consists of humans, a race with no affinity for magic. In a place where everything is decided through simple games, humankind seems to have no way out of their predicament—but the arrival of two outsiders poses a change.
On Earth, stepsiblings Sora and Shiro are two inseparable shut-ins who dominate various online games under the username “Blank.” While notorious on the internet, the pair believe that life is merely another dull game. However, after responding to a message from an unknown user, they are suddenly transported to Disboard.
The mysterious sender turns out to be Tet, who informs them about the world’s absolute rules. After Tet leaves, Sora and Shiro begin their search for more information and a place to stay, taking them to Elkia—Imanity’s only remaining kingdom.
There, the duo encounters Stephanie Dola, an emotional girl vying for the kingdom’s sovereignty. In desperation, she attempts to regain her father’s throne, but her foolhardiness makes her goal unachievable. Inspired by the girl’s motivation and passion, Sora and Shiro decide to aid Stephanie in getting Elkia back on its feet, ultimately aiming to become the new rulers of the enigmatic realm.
- To sum it all up its’ really nice neon colors. Very fluid and detailed animation especially the background
- The art is incredibly vivid and the red outlines mix very well with the bright color palette
- The show really dramatizes the dialogue but it never feels like we’ve hit the realm of cheesy over-dramatization
- Lots of fanservice to satisfy your peculiar desires
The final hour of the popular virtual reality game Yggdrasil has come. However, Momonga, a powerful wizard and master of the dark guild Ainz Ooal Gown, decides to spend his last few moments in the game as the servers begin to shut down.
To his surprise, despite the clock having struck midnight, Momonga is still fully conscious as his character and, moreover, the non-player characters appear to have developed personalities of their own!
Confronted with this abnormal situation, Momonga commands his loyal servants to help him investigate and take control of this new world, with the hopes of figuring out what has caused this development and if there may be others in the same predicament.
- Establishes early on the concept of “escapism”, which many of us would love to have in our day-to-day lives
- 4 seasons and a movie if you need a great binge watch
- An isekai where even though our MC is in an alternate world, he faces real consequences for his actions, a dash of realism you might even say
- Each episode fleshes out and highlights the MCs growth and does not leave him in a limbo of anti-dynamics
8. The World’s Finest Assassin Reincarnated as an Aristocrat
The world’s greatest assassin had sworn lifelong allegiance to the organization that raised him. However, despite his loyalty, that very same organization takes action to silence him, ultimately leading to his demise.
Drowning in frustration and regrets he can no longer suppress, he finds himself in an audience with a goddess attracted by his exceptional skills. The goddess offers him reincarnation into a magnificent world of swords and magic so he can perform a crucial mission: prevent that world’s destruction by slaying its hero.
Accepting the goddess’ request, he is reborn as Lugh Tuatha Dé, the son of a noble family of assassins serving the Alvan Kingdom. Under the guidance of his father, Lugh learns new assassination techniques that significantly differ from the cold-blooded and unsympathetic killing style of his previous life.
Furthermore, his other talents bloom, allowing him to meet new allies and acquaintances. Even so, Lugh knows that his efforts are far from adequate, because a monumental adversary such as the hero can only be defeated with perfection.
- One of the very few isekais where we have an anti-hero personality written well
- To my harem-loving fans, look no further. This anime can fit so many girls in it that you would think it is Highschool DxD
- The magic system displayed in the show is well balanced and offers great insight into worldbuilding as well
- The art style used is fluid and the colors are vibrant
9. I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxxed Out My Level
After many years of being a corporate slave, Azusa Aizawa abruptly passes away due to severe exhaustion. Seemingly headed for the afterlife, she meets a goddess who bestows her with immortality alongside a peaceful life in another world. There, Azusa enjoys her days tending to her farm, protecting the nearby village, and killing about 25 slimes per day—a routine that continues for at least three centuries.
However, this rather monotonous cycle begins to change when Azusa suddenly finds out that she has reached level 99—the maximum possible level—from slimes alone. Despite desperately trying to hide this fact in fear of ending her slow life, rumors of her strength spread nevertheless.
Soon enough, various people throughout the continent, like the dragon Laika and the elf Halkara, start to appear at her doorstep—some seeking a battle, others asking for her assistance. Meeting friends and acquaintances who soon become family, Azusa finds she can live a life far better with others than when she was alone.
- An anime to help cleanse your eyes from your typical isekai anime, since it is more about relaxed/lighthearted fun.
- The art is done immaculately well in this show and has received high acclaim within isekai anime communities
- The soundtracks were as if created by god himself. They offer a wide selection of tracks that will put you in a comfy mood
- Slapstick comedy (the good kind) that’ll put a smile on your face even in the darkest of times
10. Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
After fanatically playing the VRMMO World Fantasy Online for almost a year, the shut-in yet relatively affluent fifteen-year-old Yuna receives a bear costume from the game’s administrators.
The outfit, while somewhat embarrassing to wear, turns out to have overpowered stats and effects that make her character significantly more powerful. After accepting the bear equipment, she finds herself transported to another in-game world that prevents her from returning to reality.
Confused and unable to log out, Yuna sets out to explore this new environment. She rescues a girl named Fina from wild wolves, who then guide her to the city of Crimonia. With her eccentric bear attire, however, Yuna stands out wherever she goes, and alongside her boosted fighting prowess, her reputation quickly rises—to the point that people give her the nickname “Bloody Bear.”
Undeterred by this change in her life, Yuna decides to take on the role of an adventurer and fully enjoy herself in her new world.
- A very female-focused cast that carries a cheery undertone to it
- A very simple storyline that anyone can follow
- Art and Visuals that surpass expectations with each episode
- Finally, an MC with common sense that we can all relax and watch
With so many Isekai anime to choose from, it can be a bit daunting, that’s why we did our best to find different styles of Isekai so that way, one will fit your tastes exactly. Everyday life can be filled with challenges, and these anime open a gateway for you to escape the tiring reality and enjoy a world of fantasy.
We will publish more anime recommendations on our website, so please keep your eyes on them!